Movies with the best ‘nighttime in the city’ ambience?


I find myself in the mood for movies like this a lot and was wondering if any are missing from my watchlist. The ones I’ve listed here tend to be noir films or thrillers but that’s by no means a requirement - any genre, any country, anything will do if it’s got a vibey nighttime predominantly urban setting. Rain also helps. Pretty self explanatory but here’s some examples anyway with the kind of vibe I’m talking about:Taxi Driver (1976)Eyes Wide Shut (1999)After Hours (1985)Bringing Out the Dead (1999) (Scorsese is good at this, lol)Fallen Angels (1995)Tokyo Drifter (1966)Blade Runner (1982)M (1931)The Third Man (1949)Hell, almost any classic noirPretty much any Michael Mann movie, he’s the master of this vibe. Specifically Miami Vice, Heat, Collateral and ThiefA lot of Batman movies nail this too. The Batman, TDK etc via /r/movies https://ift.tt/WD74ZTF

Comments