Apocalypse now what the fuck


Ok so I’ve seen a lot of war movies, full metal jacket, platoon, come and see, paths of glory, etc etc. I see apocalypse now on Netflix today and I went “why not” and I begun itFirst act is simple, amazing and beautiful cinematography, acting, directing etc.2nd and third act is just so fucking bleak and depressing. I have no clue what it is but the feeling and emotion about it, it’s so strong it’s raw you feel it. It’s actually baffling that Martin sheen didn’t go through therapy after this movie. The redux version is beautiful, it feels like a fever dream, this boat ride slowly going through the various stages on this river until you arrive at “the horror” the last hour actually left me speechless and I didn’t speak for the rest of it, and when it ends with lance and Ben slowly leaving the place and fades to the trademark it’s genuinely a fucking gutpunch.Honestly my favorite movie of all time a movie that made me feel something I haven’t felt ever. 10/10 via /r/movies https://ift.tt/O2vpolR

Comments