If the hype turned you off: Cruella is good / pretty well done.


There has been observable forced hype around movies in reddit and elsewhere through this pandemic ... particularly around the struggling movies with big name actors. I had heard this movie was coming out and I thought here we go again and I almost didn't watch it at all ... I had very low expectations.So I get the movie started to confirm my expectation and shut it off but minutes into it, yep, lets keep watching it. It's was not at all the kind of movie I thought it would be given Disney's recent remaking of perfectly good old classics in real life (yes i know they did that already for 101 but this seemed like kind of the same thing all over again). Even my kids prefer the old cartoon movies to many of the remade versions. Cruella isn't a remake of the original 101 and my kids won't enjoy it but I don't care - they did this one for not the kids.After I've watched it twice ... I think the reason I like it is because it has Layer Cake qualities to it. They were a little heavy on the background songs at times but the thickening plot and the under the table handling with the established ... at any rate it was enjoyable, I didn't expect it to be. Cheers.​Edit: Please don't down vote honest/fair comments. I'm happy to have agreement but I don't expect everybody to agree and I'm interested in dissenting/honest/respectful opinions. The way the reddit format works is down voting disappears thoughts and that is honestly not my preference unless it's a hateful thought or something like that. To be true to the nature of this post: I said that I've seen forced hype on reddit for movies which includes promoters/gamers of reddit shutting down fair comments via downvoting. That is not my intent. Thanks. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3Dqs7jO

Comments