Big Fish might be my favorite movie ever..


I lost my dad 12 years ago, and have watched it multiple times since.. I always find it just a great story and always makes me miss my dad and always have a great cry.Well.. I lost my mom two weeks agoI decided to watch big fish tonight alone, kids and wife went to bed. It had been at least 6 years since I watched the movie. Well it did the job, but in a different way tonight. My mom was the story teller and would tell the same stories over and over. My dad and I had a great relationship but we were always silent.While he was going through chemo we would sit in the family room and it would be silent, occasionally one of us would talk about the Sabres or Bills..but we knew how much this was hurting us, I had to write him a letter to get my feelings out.But when watching this movie tonight, it hit me even harder because his dad was my mom..There are very few movies I have ever watched that allow me to feel, and be open with myself.. I don't like to feel pain, and mourn.. the other movie is Coco because I watch that with kids and I cry every time.Thanks for reading I hope you watch Big Fish it is really a great story, and so well done by everyone in the movie. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3yoM3zR

Comments