PSA for HBO MAX subscribers, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT watch Patriots Day (2016) on HBO MAX. It is a censored, and EDITED cut.


I finally sat down to watch this with my dad, we’ve waited a while because we’re from the area and it was hard to make the choice to watch it, but we finally decided to.Sadly we didn’t realize something was really up until David Ortiz’ F-bomb was edited out.We then switched over to Amazon prime were the movie is also available for free, and skipped to the speech. He delivered it, uncensored.A click to the middle of the movie revealed the scene where the bombers friends discover bomb making materials. This scene was about a minute longer than the one we saw, with not only more profanity, but an entire discussion about the materials they found was completely missing from what we saw.I did more research and couldn’t find any hard evidence, then I compared the run time. The HBO run time was 25 minutes shorter than the Amazon one.I am certain this drastically impacted the experience and I’m sure what we got was not what the director intended. I hope this gets out and that the first time experience isn’t ruined for others like it was for us.The real thing that pisses me off is that HBO of all programming, censored and edited it. They’re supposed to be the one network that doesn’t do that, and allows almost anything from nudity to profanity and back again. I am very disappointed with HBO, and saddened that my first experience with the movie, as some one so close to the events, was tainted.Not really sure how to react, I’m a bit heated, so apologize for not being succinct, or really formal in my post. I just hope this gets seen so This otherwise solid movie isn’t spoiled for anyone else. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/335vyLO

Comments