The first 18 minutes of “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” are the most enjoyable moments in film I’ve ever seen.


No hate to the rest of the movie, I love all of it, but the first short, which the movie is titled for, is one of my favourite things I’ve ever seen.First off, I can’t stand most musicals, but this short worked sooooo well. Not only are the songs enjoyable, but “Surly Joe” is one of my favourite movie songs ever. It’s literally a Western diss track of a guy Buster killed moments ago with a table plank.Second, Tim Blake Nelson’s acting is hilarious and amazing at the same time. It’s great how he just makes any normal scene just plain laugh out loud funny with his rambling about music and shootin’. He just fit the role perfectly.Finally, just the setting. The entire shirt looks beautiful, from the town, to the saloon, to Buster’s exaggeratedly white clothing.For me, the first short is perfect, and I highly recommend watching the entire movie as well, it’s a movie that’s just plain entertaining.EDIT: I feel like I need to make a slight clarification. There is, at least for me, a difference between “the best” and “most enjoyable.” If a movie has me smiling the entire time, singing or humming along to catchy songs, and genuinely laughing out loud, I would consider that most enjoyable. Yes, it’s not the best movie EVER made, but the experience of watching it for me was up there. I will cede that the Coen Bros definitely have better films, but I do stand by my original point. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2SZt2Ea

Comments