Disney lost the Best Animated Film for the first time since 2006


After Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse won Best Animated Film last night, it got me thinking about how it seemed like finally an animated film not made by Disney or Pixar won that category. So I went and looked it up and sure enough, Disney/Pixar has won the Oscar in this category every single year they had a movie up for nomination, since 2006 (in 2011, they didn’t have a movie up for nomination). In 2006, they lost the Oscar to Happy Feet (the Disney movie up for nomination was Cars).As much of a Disney movie lover as I am, I’m so glad that the Academy didn’t just blindly hand over the award to Disney again, but actually chose the best of the bunch. And I’m so glad it’s Into The Spider-Verse. This movie deserves it. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2GYISrs

Comments