How in the world has Jake Gyllenhaal never even received a nomination for Best Lead Actor from the Oscars?


Gyllenhaal only had 1 nomination in his career, for Best supporting actor in Brokeback Mountain. It's mind-blowing! I don't think I'm reaching when I say the general consensus is that he's a phenomenal actor. Some of his films that could have netted him a lead actor nomination:- Nightcrawler (2014)- Nocturnal Animals (2016)- Southpaw (2015)- End of Watch (2012)- Jarhead (2005)- Donnie Darko (2001)And there are other films, like Prisoners, Zodiac, and Enemy, where he was truly phenomenal as well. I'm sure plenty of actors and actresses have been blatantly ignored by the Academy over the years, and in the big picture this is insignificant. But it's still just wild to me! via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2H12eMI

Comments