What was the best film you watched this week? (19/02/2018 - 25/02/2018)


The way this works is that you post a review of the best film you watched this week. It doesn't have to be a new release, just any film you have seen over the last seven days that you feel is worth talking about. Here are some rules.1. Check to see if your favourite film of last week has been posted already.2. Please post your favourite film of last week.3. NO TV SHOWS!4. ALWAYS use spoiler tags. Report any comments that spoil recent / little-known films without using the spoiler tag.5. Comments that only contain the title of the film will be removed!Here are some great comments from last week's thread:Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind I watched this on Valentine’s Day. For reference I am a single guy who has never dated anyone (I’m in high school). Anyway, just watching all my friends go through relationships. Always suffering because they don’t expect an end to it. I just get saddened that that is the nature of the world. Going to the movie itself, it just brought out that idea of how everything is painful he moment it ends, but fine until that point. I don’t know. Jim Carrey has such a delightful performance of that person who was completely unsure. I thought he was delightfully naive and in the end I was just impressed at how many seeds he and the director laid throughout the movie about what happened at the end. It was one of those movies which you watch not knowing what is going on, but are just gripped by it all the way through until that point which you start to understand, and then you reevaluate the film while watching this. I watched this on the 14th and I am still thinking about it. My other thoughts on the movie were that Mark Ruffalo is so funny. The quirkiness of performance was just genius in a way. Everyone had top notch acting. It was a quirky movie that confused me until it didnt, and then it just left me thinking. I do not cry much in movies, but I did for this one. And that makes it spectacular in my eyes.Raiders of the Lost Ark I had never seen any Indiana Jones film before and was bored earlier this week when I saw they had all four of them on Hulu so I watched Raiders and Temple of Doom so far. Raiders is definitely the stronger of the two(Temple kind of sucks, idk if that's an unpopular opinion or not), it's not one of my favorite films of all time or anything but a very strong film that I would probably give an 8/10 to. My favorite part of the movie is probably how Indy looks tired or uninterested during pretty much all of the action sequences, idk why that was so great to watch. I also really liked Marion as a character(she was the main difference in the two films imo, Willie might be my least favorite character in film history), I wish her and Indy's romance was explored a little more rather than them basically being a couple after her introduction scene but she has some really great scenes and even saves Indy's ass a couple times which I liked. Overall I'm glad I finally saw Raiders, it's a really fun film, and I hope The Last Crusade is a step up from Temple of Doom.Have you ever seen a film that inexplicably connected with you? It happened to me. It's a Brazilian animated film Boy and the World. A boy's father leaves to find work in the city and the boy goes after him. Along the way he meets an old man, a young man, many inexplicable creatures and has an adventure that ends unconventionally much like most of the film. But that isn't what made the film special for me. It was the way that it captured childhood. And boy, it made me a sobbing mess for about two-thirds of the film. Maybe because I see it at a time of my life when I want to be a kid again. Maybe it's because I've lost that part of me that would feel like this boy did. So full of energy and hope and enthusiasm to go into the world and do anything. I don't know if it will resonate with anyone else who sees it as I saw it by myself. It doesn't even have dialogues, how did it manage to make me so emotional that when I was watching the trailer afterwards at work I had to mute it because the score was tearing me up? Is it because I used my crayon drawings looked similar to what has been animated in the film that I've forged some sort of subconscious connection to this film? I don't know. I don't know if this film will have the same effect for anyone else. It most likely won't. But it's had me question everything about what makes movies significant. Can they look like a child's drawing come to life? Does it work as a storytelling medium without words? And is entertainment really the point of movies or is it art?For further expansion of the rules, please read this link.Have fun and play nice! via /r/movies http://ift.tt/2sQtNmx

Comments