OP Delivers: What I asked Steven Spielberg & What He Responded With


Hey all!Apologies for taking so long, been pretty busy between finals, work, and going home for the holidays. 1 month ago I posted about how Spielberg was coming to do a Q&A with my class. The original post can be found here: http://ift.tt/2zJ8zVI I ended up not asking him a question from the thread, I ended up thinking of one on the fly when I ultimately asked him something:Question: When you were our age, was there ever a point that you thought you would fail or never make it? How did you overcome that?Spielberg (paraphrased): Around the 4th time that the shark sank. At that time I thought that the film was going to be a failure and that I would have to just go make indie films with my friend Martin Scorsese in New York. And though that ultimately would have worked out, I still knew that wasn't what I wanted. So I just pushed through and finished Jaws even though I thought it would fail. So I guess the best way to overcome failure is to see through whatever it is that you're afraid of failing and hopefully things will work their way out from there. via /r/movies http://ift.tt/2zJZXhv

Comments