Deadwood (2019) is perhaps the best epilogue one could hope for from a cancelled tv show!


Words can't describe how good this movie is, but I aim to try. Deadwood has always held a special place in my heart and for better or worse I was content with the number of seasons we got. It wasn't the closure I wanted, but it somehow represented the show perfectly - people come, people go, good/bad things happen, but life goes on. So when I heard the movie was being made, I was apprehensive to say the least. I put off watching it so as to not sully my memories of the show, having had bad experiences with such 'after credits' movies.Well, I should have trusted Milch and HBO more. I feel sorry for myself to have missed such a masterpiece even though the reviews had been excellent. It exceeded every expectation I had about the lore of the show, let alone the movie. How the movie addressed Hearst and his machinations, and weaved him into the whole story, 'chef's kiss'. The writing, the acting (how good was Utter's monologue, Trixie/Al scenes, Seth being a badass all throughout 🔥) the set design, nd the score! My favourite scenes were when Jonny and Dan back Seth, Seth asks Wu to feed the pigs, nd Trixie arguing Sol to meet Al - just the little things bring a smile to my face 😌Only Serenity comes close to challenging it for the best epilogue movie, but I prefer Deadwood myself. In my view it achieves the literal implausible task of not overstaying it's welcome yet delivering enough to somehow want more. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/0rac9SB

Comments