The Count of Monte Cristo (2002), I wish we had more solid movies like this made often.


I love the book and think this adaption is decent, but to it's credit does a good job simplifying without bogging down on the pacing as a movie.I just wish we had simple historical adventure, where you're taken to a period full of costumes and historical moments, betrayals, actors twirling their mustaches or playing up their character. You know the story, but you enjoy it unfolding without being indulgent or trying to add something unnecessary like CGI Zombies and monsters with impossible camera angles swooping in at a fast rate while something bright is happening in the background.There's a simple beauty of watching two men fence in a field. I don't know if I'm feeling nostalgic or longing for something as simple as finding lost treasure or attending a gorgeous upscale party in disguise.It's a solid, entertaining movie that I wouldn't mind putting on in the background once in a while.Also Luis Guzman, he's like a cheat code in a movie. When he appears, the movie instantly gets better. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/QMhDHUp

Comments